Thursday, July 19, 2012

I'm Thinking of.....

Fall!


I know we just barely celebrated
our Independence and that
we are smack dab in the middle
of Summer
but...
I'm thinking ahead.

Fall is my most favorite time of the year.
I love the thought of crisp clear days and the
smell of spiced apple anything wafting through
the air.
I wish we had that kind of weather here in
Sunny California.... in the Fall, not January thru March!

Anyway, clicking through some old photos,
I came across these.
I was looking for inspiration as I am planning
my booth for Fall and
The Vintage Marketplace,
to which the theme is
Rust and Romance.

I'm excited and have yummy ideas!







These photos are from our previous home.
It was gorgeous inside.
That's the only thing I miss about it. Well,
and the fact the boys were born while living there.

We drove through the old neighborhood today
and are glad we made the right choice {of leaving}.

If only it were easy to pick up a house and move it....


xo, Amber








6 comments:

Kari from Meadowview Farm said...

Such lovely pictures...and it is indeed bittersweet to leave a home you loved.

I, too, adore autumn...and my mind travels there on these too hot days. I will begin preparation for my October Barn Sale soon...such fun to "play" in the hayloft.

Kari

Sheila said...

I too am getting busy for the show...will see if I accomplish anything though lol. I hope your week has been great!!

Smile's
Sheila

My Unfinished Life said...

gorgeous!!

http://sushmita-smile.blogspot.in/

NanaDiana said...

I am not quite ready for Fall yet-seems we haven't had a real summer yet. It is bittersweet to go back and see a home that you loved and now belongs to someone else- xo Diana

blossoms vintage chic said...

Amber, Gorgeous photos...although I'm not sure I'm ready for fall or The Vintage Marketplace. I keep saying I'm going to get an early start...but it just never seems to happen! I'm sooo in love with the theme Christie & Rita picked and I can't wait to see everyone's booth and you!
Have a wonderful weekend!
xoxo
Debbie

Susie said...

Amber, I loved all your Fall photos. I sometimes go by my old house in town....I still miss it. I raised my daughters there. I have good memories of that time in that house. It's sad if the new owners don't take care of it...so far the owners of our old place have.:):) This hot weather has lots of us wishing for Fall:):) Smiles, Susie