Friday, March 22, 2013

Keep On, Keepin' On

I didn't always Believe.

It's easy not to,
especially when you are handed 
things beyond your control
that are very painful.

the wedding band

Things that happen out of your control 
regardless of how hard you work 
to keep it all together.



You have to make some 
hard decisions 
that most people don't understand
and most of those people, 
make up their own stories about 
"what happened"
instead of asking for the truth.

It's amazing to hear the story
when it comes back around to you.




My post isn't for sympathy.
No, it is NOT.

It's for those that cast judgement
and point and laugh at others
when they are down.


I don't believe in that and
I think it's a horrible way to live.


Most importantly,
it's for those that are
going through that rough time.


You aren't alone.
Even if nobody is physically
standing by you,
you are not alone.

When you are stripped of 
pretty much everything
but the clothes on your back,
you have no choice but to start believing.

If you are where we've been,
Keep the Faith.

I share this today because of
and today's,
Daily Truth.


It really does all work out the way it's supposed to.

It makes you dig deeper and see the 
only true things that are important.

One day soon, I will share our story.

But today,  please believe in this....


Dear Amazing Girl,

Sometimes the bravest thing we ever have to do is accept a different answer to a wish, a dream, a hope or a prayer than the one we were 
asking for, and trust that it is still going to work out o.k. in the end.

No one is immune from disappointments, and confusing turns of events, and things turning out waaaaaay different than we planned on. Our characters are built, our patience is grown, and our hearts are strengthened when these things happen . . . in ways that they could not have otherwise.

A lot of suffering can be passed by when we just TRUST that things are working out even when we can't see how it is possible. So many times, we have to travel through a "rough part of town" to get to the most beautiful parts and there is no other way but through those parts. If you are in one of the "rough" parts right now. Just keep moving. Soon you will see the places that you were headed to when you set off on this journey. If you stop now, you will be stuck exactly where you are. 

Sooo, keep moving, friend. Keep your chin up, keep your thoughts in happy places. Keep believing, keep dreaming, keep hoping, keep wishing, keep 
praying, and most importantly keep the faith. This is all headed somewhere good!

xoxo



...for we've been through that part of
town and are just coming out
 on the other side.
It's been a long drive, but now,
I can say it's been well worth it.

We've got two healthy, rambunctious
little boys about ready to turn 5 
to prove it. 



Much love.
xoxo

Amber

8 comments:

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

Amber, I'm so sorry for whatever it is that you are going thru/coming out of. I'm happy to hear that your boys are healthy. I love BraveGirls. I read my daily email and it really can change my perspective and turn me in the opposite direction. Whatever it is, just keep going. I know it's so hard to feel like you will make it out of horrible and challenging circumstances. But, you will. I did, and I never thought our lives would be happy again. You'll get there. Just trust it, amazing girl!
Hugs, Tina

Susie said...

Hi Amber, The boys are precious. I have twin girls, probably older than you honey. When they were born they had birth defects. Karen had only the first joint of each finger on her left hand. She has become a strong woman because of it, I believe. Lizzy had turned in feet, but her defect was corrected with cast and corrective shoes while learning to walk. We feel blessed. We do have to keep plugging along to be come stronger. God has been good to us. You are in my prayers. xoxo,Susie

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Well of coarse you have me all suspicious now, and I have never heard of The Brave Girls Club?? I will be so glad when you get to our neck of the woods :)

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Ok, ok, hold on! I didn't mean that I was suspicious of you, lol. I type before I think, lol, just like I speak before I think. We never ever know what another person has been thru, and what has made them what they are. Anyhoo, I still can't wait for you to get to our neck of the woods, so to speak :)

Rebecca Lewis said...

A very touching post Amber. Hugs

Mom E. said...

What an encouraging post, Amber. And it applies to just about any very hard, difficult, horrendous, heart wrenching thing any of us has ever had to go through...and you are so completely correct. You never know what any one person has been through. No one gets out of life unscathed or without some real abuse of some form or another, either from someone in or out of family, from yourself, from physical life circumstances, from mental life circumstances, from spiritual life experiences...life is challenging, and some times, seconds/minutes/hours/days/months/years, we hang on by our teeth, hoping we can make it to where we even get a glimmer of a light at the end of a tunnel. But in those deepest darkest times....there is a quiet stillness, or a hint of a quiet stillness, and sometimes all you have is a memory of a quiet stillness, and knowing in your head that believing is the only thing that will get you through, you do make it through that tunnel, and then sometimes you have to adjust to being blinded by the light and there is still lingering pain and suffering becasue your eyes are hurting so much! I don't know if that makes any sense..but I have been through my own version of that tunnel...I am excited to read the link, I haven't done that yet. Hugs to you, so glad you made it through a long haul rough patch, garden, farm, 1,000 acres...however long it was or felt...You are more compassionate because of what you have been through. Sometimes that seems like it is not enough of a "reason" to go through all of it...but as time continus and more time/distance from that difficult period of time, more and more good things because of it will be revealed.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I wanted to tell you I nominated you for the Leibster Award today! Please go to my post today, http://betsysheartstrings.blogspot.com/2013/03/you-will-never-guess.html#comment-form, and see what it is all about. Please let me know if you are interested in participating! I think you deserve a wonderful award! I love your blog!
Heart hugs to you,
Betsy

NanaDiana said...

Amber, You know that I will be praying for you. I know that you have been though some rough times and I know that you are a strong woman. It is hard to hold on and to believe sometimes when it seems the whole world has turned its back on us. I have often wondered why God chooses to allow such terrible burdens to be placed on some while others seem to pass along life's path quite easily. I am glad that you are moving towards the sunshine- xo Diana

Unknown said...

I love reading your posts. I keep finding more things we have in common:
I have five-year-old twin grandchildrn, a boy and a girl.
I love Brave Girls Club.
I already commented that I, too, love black furniture.
And, I love the cow picture I ordered from you.
Take care. Jeannine