Tuesday, March 6, 2012

FOOD!

I love to cook!
Time doesn't always allow for lengthy recipes unless I plan in advance
and can do some prep prior to actually making the recipe.

I came up with this super, super delicious chicken recipe
 because I craved herbed creamy chicken.
 I wanted a pastry around it too, but
wasn't in the mood for a Pot Pie.

I scanned the fridge, pantry and freezer.
All of the ingredients for this recipe are staples in my kitchen.

I just don't know why I didn't think of this before!

Ingredients:





Preheat oven to 350* (per Crescent Roll Instructions)
This recipe makes 8 servings

  • Frozen Chicken- 8 pieces of either half breast, tenders or thighs (I prefer thighs)
  • 1 tube Crescent Rolls (any brand)
  • 1 envelope of Ranch Dip Powder
  • 1 8oz. tub of whipped cream cheese (Philly)
  • 1 tblsp. Chicken Bullion (knorr powdered)
Fill large stew pot with enough water to completely submerse frozen chicken.
Add Chicken Bullion for extra flavor.


Boil chicken until fully cooked, as baking time is quick.

Once chicken is fully cooked, remove from water and set aside (in a dish).



In a medium bowl, mix together envelope of Ranch Dip powder and cream cheese.



Open Crescent Rolls and unroll each piece. They will be triangular.


Place one piece of chicken on the widest part of the dough.
Scoop a heaping spoon of cream cheese mix (about 1 tablespoon or so), spreading it to cover chicken. Leave it a little thick!



Roll Crescent and chicken, wide to narrow.
Chicken will be sticking out of the ends!

Set on baking sheet.
Repeat till all done.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes (or per Crescent instructions) or until golden brown.



THAT'S IT!


We never have leftovers but they would be really good the next day for lunch!

Now, to name this recipe.... Any ideas?

Let me know if you make this and what you think.

xo, Amber





2 comments:

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

Im hungry! Wow that loo;ks so good.

blossoms vintage chic said...

Hi Amber,
Thanks so much for your visit and your sweet comment!
Miss you girls already...can't wait til June! Are you working on your tent yet??? LOL!

Good grief girl...you do everything!! This really looks sooo good and now I'm hungry (again)!!

Have a wonderful weekend!

xoxo
Debbie