Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Chicken Noodle Soup...

...For The Hungry Tummy!

I absolutely LOVE my 
Southern Living Cookbook!



I'm not sure if you can buy it
through Barnes and Noble or
on Amazon, but I got mine when I was a 
consultant for the Company.

It is full of really yummy recipes
and Southern fare, to which, 
I am partial.

I tried this recipe last week and 
I have to say, it is by far
the best tasting 
Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
this girl has ever had!

Sharing the recipe and in these {my switcharoo's}.

I didn't take photos of the making because if one
doesn't know how to chop veggies, 
one shouldn't play with fire! 
;)




Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup

Prep: 20 minutes    Cook: 55 minutes

1 tablespoon butter {2}
1 large onion, chopped
.....
3 cups chopped cooked chicken
.....
3 cans (14 oz.) chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 (8 oz.) package spaghetti noodles
broken into 2 inch pieces
{I used dumpling noodles
but I think egg noodles 
would be good too}
7 celery ribs, finely chopped
{I used 4 and sliced}
6 carrots, finely chopped
{I sliced}
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
.....
2 cups milk
{I used Heavy Cream}
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
{optional}

Melt butter in a Dutch oven {large soup pot}
over medium heat.
Add onion and saute until tender.
Stir in chicken and next 
9 ingredients and 
bring to a boil. 
Reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes.
Stir in milk and return to simmer.
Remove from heat and
let stand 10 minutes.
Sprinkle each serving with cheese.

12 servings



I served this with a rich heavy bread {with butter}.

Hope you like it as much as we did/do!


3 comments:

NanaDiana said...

It looks really good, Amber. I like my Southern Living Cookbooks, too. I have several of their annual ones. Hope you have a great day- any news on the job yet? xo Diana

Susie said...

Amber, Thank you for this recipe. I am absolutely a soup girl.(old lady) I love having a big bowl of soup to warm up whenever it's needed. xox,Susie

cestMoi Sandy said...

Hi Amber,
You were not kidding when you wrote that you love to cook!

Looks Yummy.
And I will also check out The southern Coterie sounds like fun!

Hugs,
Sandy