Friday, June 22, 2012

The Giving Tree...

I often talk about The Tree...

It's the one I see from my kitchen window
that's in my backyard, but not really.
It's actually in the creekbed behind the house,
which feels like an extension of our yard.

That creekbed is the reason we chose this house as our transitional home.

Here she is...







This tree is a giver.
In Spring, it's the place where it seems all the wild birds go to
"meet up" with each other.
{The kids first lesson in The Birds and the Bees}

It's the tree where baby hawk roosted after he left the nest.


Boy was he noisy!! 

Always screaming for Mama to bring him some food.
{Their nest is just a stones throw to the Church
where the old Eucalyptus tree is.
I think they use the same nest over and over}

The tree has giving me some beautiful pieces of dried wood to make these...





And I've used some to make teepee's for the garden.


Cottonwoods are early leaf losers...
They turn turn the brightest yellow and the walking path turns into
the yellow brick road, come Fall.

Trees...
Who knew you could learn so much from them.

xo, Amber

5 comments:

Kate said...

Amber
What a beautiful tree and what it represents. Perfect start to see this post for me this morning! Have a wonderful weekend!

xoxo
Kate

Susie said...

It's funny how we fall in love with trees. I have my favorites also. I hate to loss a tree to insects or bad weather. Enjoy your weekend Amber...Smiles to you, Susie

Kay Ellen said...

I love it Amber :()
A special tree near your home & heart.

Have a blessed weekend and thank you for sharing!

xo
Kay Ellen

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Love your giving tree! I have had that book for many years and love it so much. Have given it many times as a gift! Have a wonderful day!

chateau de fleurs said...

You are so observant! thanks for sharing such a lovely post, It makes me want to see things around me a little differently. XO Christie